Here at Lifestyle Awnings, we take pride in our warranty policy, which we believe strikes a fair balance between customer expectations and the realities of outdoor exposure. In this blog, we’ll dive deeper into our warranty policy, explaining the specifics and shedding light on the concept of “lifetime warranties” offered by some companies in the industry.
Material Warranty: 10 Years on Aluminium & 3 Years on Zincalum
Our warranty policy covers the materials used in our awnings for a duration of 10 years on aluminium and 3 years on Zincalum. We source these materials from trusted suppliers who meet our high-quality standards. This warranty ensures that the materials we use will remain free from defects during the specified period.
Why 1 Year Workmanship Warranty?
You may wonder why our workmanship warranty is limited to 1 year. The rationale behind this choice is simple: outdoor installations face a wide range of weather conditions throughout the year. Over the course of 365 days, you experience all four seasons, each with its unique challenges.
During this year, any potential issues related to the installation, such as anchoring, framework, leaks or alignment, are likely to become apparent. By providing a 1-year workmanship warranty, we aim to address and rectify any such issues that may arise due to our installation work. This commitment to addressing installation-related problems promptly ensures that you enjoy your awning without disruptions.
Lifetime Warranty – What Does It Really Mean?
You might have encountered other awning companies offering “lifetime warranties” and wondered what that actually entails. The truth is, the term “lifetime warranty” can be somewhat ambiguous. It’s important to clarify what is meant by “lifetime”:
- Lifetime of the Person Who Sold It to You: In some cases, the “lifetime” refers to the lifespan of the salesperson or the person who sold you the awning. Clearly, this isn’t a reliable measure of product durability.
- Lifetime of the Company: This interpretation suggests that the warranty remains valid as long as the company is in business. However, companies can come and go, leaving you without warranty support.
- Lifetime of the Purchaser: Some companies may consider the warranty valid only for as long as the original purchaser owns the awning. This can be restrictive, especially if you plan to sell your property.
- Lifetime of the Home: This interpretation ties the warranty to the house where the awning is installed. While this may sound reasonable, it doesn’t account for factors like maintenance, usage, or wear and tear.
- Undefined Lifetime: In some cases, the term “lifetime” is not clearly defined in the warranty documentation, leading to uncertainty about the actual duration of coverage.
At Lifestyle Awnings, we believe in transparency and practicality. We stand by the quality of our materials and workmanship with clear, specific warranty terms. Our 10-year / 3 -year material warranty and 1-year workmanship warranty reflect our commitment to delivering a product that performs reliably for years to come.
In conclusion, when evaluating awning warranty policies, it’s essential to look beyond the enticing term “lifetime warranty” and consider the specific terms and conditions. Our warranty policy is designed to provide you with confidence in the quality of our products and the integrity of our work. We believe that a clear, realistic warranty is a better assurance of your long-term satisfaction with your awning investment. Feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or would like more information about our awnings and warranty policy. Your outdoor comfort and satisfaction are our top priorities.